The Art of Feng Shui
Feng Shui is an ancient natural science that is practiced around the world. It is the study of the effects of energy that flows around and through objects, rooms, buildings, landscaping and people.
Feng Shiu is related to the ver sensible notion that living with rather than against nature benfirst both humans and our environment. it is also related to the equally sensible notion that our lives are deeply affected by our physical and emotional engergies.
Everything in the universe is made up of molecules. These molecules bounce against eachother creating motion and vibration. The energy creating the movement or vibration has several names:
- Ch'i (Mandarin Feng Shui)
- Hay (Cantonese Feng Shui)
- Prana (East Indian Vastu Shastra)
There are several other names, but to me, the above are the ones that are most used by me at this time.
Here are some examples to consider when doing a renovation for your home:
- When seeting your bed always angle it in such a way that your feet are not pointing into the door. This is said to be a "death position" that is why according to Chinese belief, you need to avoid it. It is also best if the bed is symmetrical with nightstands and lamps
- Be sure that your bed has a headboard. The headboard represents a support for one's life.
- If you have a personal bathroom, make sure that y ou cannot view it from the bed. You can use a decorative screen to cover it if is is impossible to positioin your bed without seeing it.
- Create a huge house. Remove any unessential things taht are currently sitting in your home. Always focus on space.
- Let the sun in. Light is an essential factor in pumping energy into your house. Let natural light come through your windows. Avoid using heavy and dark shade curtains.
- Another way to increase the lighting inside your house is to add mirrors. Mirrors makie your house appear spacious.
- Make a first impression to your house fantastice, paint your front door red! Red is a strong color for Chinese. It represents fame, reputation, and wealth. Red is also a very welcoming color.
- Refrain from positioning heavy beams or heavy light fixtures over the bed.
- Porch and outside lights must always be on during the night. Ensure that the house numbers are large.
- Add a round dining table. This is believed to create a good flow of things inside the house.
- Make seating arrangements such that no one has their back on the door.
- If your clients are Chinese, do not choose a house number that ends in the number "4".
These are just a few of the points of interest. If you want to contact a Master, I can provide you with a name and contact information.
I hope you enjoyed a little bit of the above information.